Friday 7 December 2007

NYophilia

Last Friday saw yours truly being profiled by Norm. This week it's the turn of Paul Berger, who blogs at Englishman in New York, a blog that I read regularly with a mixture of pleasure and (as a confirmed NYophile) thinly-disguised envy. Mind you, any blog with a picture of NYC at the top of the page is OK by me (Paul's is of a subway train): especially views of the Manhattan skyline, like the one that adorns Snarksmith's excellent blog and used to be found atop New Centrist's site, before it was replaced with a more edible scene.


All this talk of New York, plus the fact that this week saw both the celebration of Hanukkah and the beginning of Advent, and it being a Friday, is excuse enough to feature this photo of the festive tree lights being switched on outside the Rockefeller Center a week or so ago (via the New York Times). I've only ever been to NYC in the summer and would love to be there right now. Happy Holidays.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spring and Fall are my favorite times of year in NYC. I'm originally from California so the winters are bit bleak and the summers a tad muggy for me.

Next time you are planning on making it to NYC let me know. My wife and I would like to invite you over for dinner and drinks (if you drink).

--The New Centrist

Martin said...

Thank you for the kind invitation. Not sure when our next visit to NYC will be. We're hoping to visit San Francisco next year - we've never been to California - but haven't ruled out a short return trip to NYC.

Martin